Today was the perfect day to play in the waves. Tom and I had planned initially to go to Coogee yesterday but I went filming the International Womens Day March with Jan and it started to get cloudy after. This time at the beach I brought my old camera as I just can't fathom leaving my new one unattended when Tom and I go jump in the waves.
Here I am drying off as best as I can before we have to take the bus home. It's always funny to see people leaving the beach with wet patches all over their clothes. Today that was me since my bath suit or "cossie" didn't completely dry out.
Tom looks pretty serious here but I assure you he was grinning ear to ear in the waves. When we first got in I was wading out slowing, I'd walk into the waves and hop to minimize the height of the water on me. As I was thinking to myself that the water was really chilly Tom let out an excited yell. I look up to see a wave that was close to being twice my height. It was about then that I gave up my hopes of slowly adjusting to the water and braced myself. It was soooooo much fun. We had about two more monster waves while we were swimming that just completely boggled my mind. I'm such a river girl. Tom said that since you measure from the back of the waves they were only about 4ft tall, but from the front of them they looked pretty big. Tom also threw in a "I've jumped in bigger" just for good measure. Ha!
This is the little natural wading pool.
Here's the super steep hill we come down on the bus. We were pretty much in the center of the beach which was pretty optimal for the waves.
I've seen these trees around quite a bit. They're some kind of pine tree but the needles are about a foot long. I enjoy how they all stick up, they remind me of a reverse palm tree.
Here's a terrible attempt at a bus picture. In Surry Hill's on the way to the beach are two halves of a VW bug that have been turned into planters. It's fun landmark for the trip.
Now we're back and recovering. I'm all de-sanded and thinking about making some food before we go babysit Rory, Finny and Saxon.
No comments:
Post a Comment