Turns out that mystery bird is a pigeon.
After my pie, I discovered that my lemon tart looked suspiciously like a lamington. hmm... it was pretty delicious non the less.Though not quite what I was craving.
From the park we walked across the bridge and thanks to the signs along the way I was also looking out for some alien possum- crocodiles.
We headed for the suburb Redfern to an event called Winterland. It was held in the Carriage Works (I've been there before for an art show) which was turned into a "European style" market. There was a very cute indoor skating rink, some stalls, a cafe and a small stage.
This is in one of the old buildings in the yard around the old carriage house.
The Carriage Works
The wee little skating rink. To skate you bought tickets and they recommend booking ahead. I decided to check it out before buying any. Judging by how packed it was I think that was probably a good idea.
The stalls and a huge disco ball in front of the stage. It was pretty fun, and there was some very cool stuff in the stalls. I found a lot of it was fairly expensive considering it was supposed to be a marketplace.
As we left we noticed some signs for a garage sale. We decided to check it out. There was not much there but across from it....
A little Chaplin on a wall.
It turns out this is a hair dressers and maybe a little bit of copyright infringement.
On Sunday we were invited to a BBQ. It was another incredibly warm winters day. This time I left my coat at home. The food was delicious and there were a couple very big dogs for some extra company. :D
Some great shadows.
My winter wardrobe. I am very much enjoying how nice it is here in the winter. I definitely don't feel like I'm missing out on summer. ha HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment