Saturday, April 24, 2010

Printing, puppies, pushing, premonitions, and planes


Today's blog is themed, sort of by accident. First PRINTING!.
A little while ago I made a print to be framed. I took the opportunity to document my studio in action.

My homemade exposure unit.


The first colour was a beige background. I used a blank screen which I had taped off border to make a rectangle of the right size.


The beige was a softer alternative to a harsh white background.


My next colours were for sand and water in the image, for this I used one image but cover one half depending on which colour I was doing.



First blue.

Next orange.

Once the background colours were on, I used a transparent gray to add shadows and some details.




Brown for the wall.

And gold for it's pattern.

The final colour was a darker blue for the details. I then cropped the white edges.



The finished piece in its frame.


The puppy section has arrived. We visited some friends that were puppysitting. And the result was very very cute. This one, Lily, is the one they've ended up getting to keep.


The puppies with their mum.

Pushing was witnessed a week or so ago when I watched this house get torn down. I ended up with about 30 minutes of footage of the driver carefully nudging specific beams and walls so that he could almost fold the house into it's self.



After this sighting I'm having a premonition that the Jedi's will rise again. Simone spotted Yoda while we were doing the dishes.


This weekend Simone, mum, Chuck and I went to Oshawa to visit our Granny and Poppie. We flew to Toronto first, then took the GO train into Oshawa.

Simone enjoying the flight.


We had a great view of the propeller.



In Oshawa Simone and I spent a fair bit of time looking at photos, including this one of me.

We also had some fun with wallpaper.



Visited with Sam the resident miniature panther.

And watched some family films. I particularly enjoyed seeing the dresses and coats that my mom and aunts wore.


Simone looking very serious as we GO train back to T.O.


Until she caught me.


No comments: