Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Holidays in NFLD

Well time for a little catch up. Last night Tom and I returned from our week in St. John's, Newfoundland. So in no particular order here are some shots of our visit with more to come, because I'm still sorting through them all.

Our flight was delayed since the airport was too foggy land. When we did finally arrive Mike took us up to Signal Hill for some spectacular views of the city and coast.  You can see some lingering fog. It stuck around until our last day.

The city in all its sun beam glory. 

Tom and I spent the first couple of days taking lots of walks along the city's foot paths. We meet some creatures on the way. 

Vicky and Mike took us to lunch at the Crow's Nest, an officers club tucked away downtown. This shot actually captures the two entrances. The black door that Mike is headed for and up the stairs a tiny 4ft door that leads in the to casual dining room. Why is the 4ft door needed?

Because if you don't use it you have to take these tiny super steep stairs up to the same room. 

A lovely family shot while we enjoy some after dinner partridge and blue berry wine. It's my new favourite by the way.

My other favourite new drink, iceberg beer! I'm hoping I'll find it here in Ottawa.. but I suspect I won't. 

More photos on the way, including some Tom shots! Yay!

No comments: