Monday, February 7, 2011

Colourful Warriors

Today's post is a quick update. First, I did a nice bit of cooking last week. I made pirozhki and beetroot borscht. I was very very good. The pirozhki pastry was flaky and delicious and the borscht was very yummy. 

 This is a gum tree (I believe) I love how the bark looks when it peels away in the summer. I find it makes the trees look like they are in a painting.

I've started my second embroidery project. An Inca warrior. I wasn't to big a fan of the suggested pinks so I've bought darker colours that match my gray shirt better. Here are some progress pictures.

I'm going to start with the rest of the mask now so that I can get the measurements right. I'm having a lot of fun while I work on this and I've been watching Ms. Marple episodes as I do it. So fun!

No comments: