Tom and I flew arrived in Ottawa just in time for Canada Day and spent the first week or so running around Ottawa.
We also popped over to Hull to check out the Museum of Civilization.
Tom got his hair cut by a slightly dodgy barber.. he was asleep in the chair when Tom walked in.
Tom promptly shaved it off.

We went to see Our Lady Peace at Bluesfest, and caught some of Ice Cube's show and Zavier Rudd (mostly likely miss spelled).

We visited an exhibit and the National Art Gallery.

And wandered around the Parliament Buildings.


Tom, Simone and I went to Kingston to visit my Grandma and Grandad and stayed with Janet and Grant... and Belle.We went to see Our Lady Peace at Bluesfest, and caught some of Ice Cube's show and Zavier Rudd (mostly likely miss spelled).
We visited an exhibit and the National Art Gallery.
And wandered around the Parliament Buildings.
From there we ventured to Toronto exploring Kensington Market, the water front, and the Distillery district.
At the water front we caught some Mexican wrestling. Totally hilarious and strange.
After taking millions of pictures, we took a break for some dinner with Michael, Jamie and Charles.
Tom and I left Simone in Toronto to bus to Niagra Falls for the day. Neither of us were prepared for what we found beside the falls.



After a few hours we caught a bus back to Toronto and then jumped on another to get back to Ottawa. It was a very long day for buses. Oh yes and the day before Tom decided to quit smoking (yay) so it was an extra long and difficult ride for him.


Tom and I took to walking Chepi on the days that it wasn't pouring rain.
After a few hours we caught a bus back to Toronto and then jumped on another to get back to Ottawa. It was a very long day for buses. Oh yes and the day before Tom decided to quit smoking (yay) so it was an extra long and difficult ride for him.
When we got back to Ottawa my mom's friend Dani was visiting from St. Gallen, Switzerland for 3 weeks. I only realize now that I hardly took any pictures at home as everyone else had a camera out... so I have none of Dani. :( This is one of my Mom's though. :) Spätli Night!!

One fine cloudy day we took Dani and Tom to Wakefield.
This was a very close call for Chepi, however Tom and I got caught in it on the way back from taking her out.


Tom's last trip around Ontario was to Perth with Dani, Simone, Mom and me.



We had our usual rush of August birthdays.

And on August 14 Tom started his trip back to Sydney. First going to London, England for a couple days then to Bangkok, Thailand for a 27 hour stop over.
Tom says goodbye to his favourite coffee machine.

And Me.

Tom's last trip around Ontario was to Perth with Dani, Simone, Mom and me.
We had our usual rush of August birthdays.
And on August 14 Tom started his trip back to Sydney. First going to London, England for a couple days then to Bangkok, Thailand for a 27 hour stop over.
Tom says goodbye to his favourite coffee machine.
And Me.
I didn't have to worry about finding things to take my mind off Tom leaving as the next day I was off to Kingston again for Grandma and Grandad's 60th Anniversary!
Kindra, Dad, Simone and I drove and meet Conchita there. We met our Dad's long lost cousins from Minneapolis and had a BBQ with Janet and Grant. Again when ever everyone else has their cameras I never seem to use mine. I so don't have any pictures of the family reunion. D'oh!


Right before the guests arrived Grandad brought down the cakes including his famous royal icing and fruit cake.

It was delicious!

Making spätzli for a visit to Doug and Ruthan's cottage.
The batter is pushed through the holes into boiling water.

Where it becomes cooked into tasty little noodles. That are scooped out to drain.


Kindra, Dad, Simone and I drove and meet Conchita there. We met our Dad's long lost cousins from Minneapolis and had a BBQ with Janet and Grant. Again when ever everyone else has their cameras I never seem to use mine. I so don't have any pictures of the family reunion. D'oh!
Simone and I helped set up for the party, we were on streamer patrol.
Right before the guests arrived Grandad brought down the cakes including his famous royal icing and fruit cake.
Since returning from Kingston I have been wildly searching for employment. Taking breaks for things like... going to the Chateau Laurier with Kindra and Simone for desert and hot chocolate.
Making spätzli for a visit to Doug and Ruthan's cottage.
The batter is pushed through the holes into boiling water.
Where it becomes cooked into tasty little noodles. That are scooped out to drain.
The cottage:


How to swimming without a bathing suit, when it's cold and raining and you don't really want to get wet.






Chloe found some caterpillers. Little did we know that they would shoot their hairs into Chloe's fingers.

We went fishing with nets. I managed to catch a crayfish spotted by Simone. Chloe picked it up for the camera with her newly bandaged fingers.

How to swimming without a bathing suit, when it's cold and raining and you don't really want to get wet.
Chloe found some caterpillers. Little did we know that they would shoot their hairs into Chloe's fingers.
We went fishing with nets. I managed to catch a crayfish spotted by Simone. Chloe picked it up for the camera with her newly bandaged fingers.
Simone and I managed to get in a few paddles in the canoe. Though the second day's was about 2 minutes long as it started to pour rain.
The only other update is the recent cut off of about 7 inches of my hair. :) No pictures yet.
The only other update is the recent cut off of about 7 inches of my hair. :) No pictures yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment